Before discussing our projects, you should note the following warnings, as well as reading our Terms and Conditions. The risk warnings are:
1. Buying assets can involve risk. The value of your asset and the income from them can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed at any time. You may lose all of your capital and also, in some circumstances, get back less than you originally invested. Information on past performance and current market indicators is not an indicator for future performance.
2. Our service enables you to purchase assets via the Internet and telephone and is provided on an execution-only basis.This means we will not give you any form of investment advice or tax advice, or advise you about the merits of a particular transaction. In the provision of this service we are not required to assess the suitability for you of the securities or services provided or offered and therefore you will not benefit from the rules of the Financial Services Authority in the UK (FSA) on assessing suitability.
3. The assets and services offered by us may not be appropriate for you. If you have any doubts as to the merits of our serviceinformation service, you should seek advice from an independent financial adviser who is authorised by the FSA to advise on such matters.
4. Certain assets may be or become not readily realisable. They are assets in which there is a restricted market and it may therefore be difficult to sell these assets at a reasonable price and in some circumstances it may be difficult to sell them at any price or obtain reliable information about their value. You should not buy these assets unless you have carefully thought about whether you can afford them and whether they are right for you. Under certain conditions it may be difficult or impossible to liquidate a position.
5. There is an extra risk of losing money when purchasing assets in some smaller projects. There may be a significant difference between the buying and selling price of holdings and they may not be readily realisable. If you have to sell these assets immediately, you may get back less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly and may go down as well as up.
6. As a consequence of using our services, you may alter your personal tax position. The levels of and bases of taxation can change.
7. Exchange-rate fluctuations may adversely affect the value, price or income of asset priced in foreign currencies. Foreign markets will involve different risks to UK markets and in some cases the risks will be greater. There may be different settlement, legal and regulatory requirements to those applying in the UK. The potential for profit or loss from transactions on foreign currency will be affected by fluctuations in foreign currency rates.
8. None of our investments or our firm is FSA regulated, neither do we provide any investment advice at any point in time.
9. Forwards, options and other derivative contracts in relation to carbon credits and related emission trading units are regulated investments in the United Kingdom. However, carbon credits and similar units sold by Lakewood Asset Management through our various product providers are not derivatives and, as such, are not regulated investments. Accordingly, Lakewood Asset Management is not required to be regulated by the Financial Services Authority (“FSA”) or any other regulator in the United Kingdom. This means, among other things, that a person buying carbon credits through Lakewood Asset Management will not benefit from any protections afforded by the FSA and would not have access to the Financial Services Ombudsman or Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
10. Lakewood Asset Management provides an information service to individuals based on readily available market information. At no point should contact with our sales agents be viewed as investment advice.
11. Representations made by our sales consultants, agents or sales literature either orally, in paper or electronic form do not form part of our Terms and Conditions. We give no warranty as to the future value of an asset.